Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Coquete

Every time I pick Annemarie from school and ask her how her day was, she proceeds to tell me how her day went with a particular boy. "Jack* talked to me a lot", "Jack played with me on the playground" etc, etc. Her first week of school, she was discouraged to learn that she was adding a day (Friday) and very tired after going Thursday. After just that one day, she came home and told me that her day was great because she had a new boyfriend, Alejandro*, who only came to school on Fridays. I didn't think too much of it. After our trip to Phoenix, she informed me that Alejandro could no longer be her boyfriend because she thought he was kind of a "bad boy". He got in trouble while she was gone because he called a girl stupid (a bad word) and he was in trouble often. I was proud that she had decided that this is not a good "boyfriend". The next time I dropped her off at school, the director called her the "coquete". I came home and translated that to flirt!! Oh my, we are still in preschool, right!?!

*names changed for privacy ;)

No comments: