Several months ago I sat up in bed in the middle of the night with the realization that I had never talked to Annemarie about strangers. I realized in terror if ANYONE ever offered her candy, the girl would be gone. I tried explaining it to her, but she clearly didn't get it. She proved to me last night, I need to watch her every second!
Peter is out of town, so in search of something exciting to do with the kids yesterday we planned to have a picnic dinner at the park down the street. On the way there, a man drove by in a truck and waved at Annemarie. She waved back and turned around from the stroller with a thrilled look on her face. She said, "Mom, that man was so nice! He waved at me!"
I said, "Yes, that's fine, but he is still a stranger. She said " No, he isn't. He's a person, just like you and me." I explained that strangers ARE people, just people that we don't know. She informed me, we now knew him BECAUSE he waved!
No comments:
Post a Comment